Thursday, January 27, 2011

Review: Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

Synopsis

After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:
Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.
Now, in a brand-new series from blockbuster best-selling author Rick Riordan, fans return to the world of Camp Half-Blood. Here, a new group of heroes will inherit a quest. But to survive the journey, they’ll need the help of some familiar demigods.



My review:

Okay I loved this book. If you loved Percy Jackson and his heroic stories you will eat this up. I was a bit sceptical about it before I read it because I loved the Percy Jackson books and though this just wouldnt live up to the advertures starnards that the first series set. But I stand so corrected, this series is going to be even better than the first, and thats saying alot. I fell instantly in love with the characters. While you have to stick with it for the first chapter because its alittle confusing, but the it starts to explain some things and its all good. I love these heros, and the mention of Roman gods right off the bat really kind of mixes it up good.

If you love action adventure and Greek mythology then you are in for a treat. Rick Riordan really knows how to build characters you grow to love. The story world is beautiful and amazing. I also have to give Rick props for changing it up a bit with the point of view, we get a couple chapters from each of the main 3 then it rotates back through the same 3 again. I like seeing the story unfold from different perspectives.

All around great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...