Monday, January 31, 2011

Review: Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Synopsis:

Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules.

She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir’s Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir Princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardian to come.

Now the law has finally caught up with Rose- for a crime she didn’t even commit. She’s in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She’ll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.

But the clock on Rose’s life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back… and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your life is about saving others, who will save you?


_______________

My Review:

I have loved this series since it started and so of course I loved the last one. It kept making me want to reach through the pages and grab Damitri and give him a good shake like (hello, wake up dude)lol you will see what i mean. It was an adventure and had some unexpected characters that I never saw coming. I love the way you are in suspence through pretty much the whole book about one thing or another. As always Rose is her kick ass self and she is going to lose her mind locked up in a jail cell that feels like a cage. Her only relief is found through the bond that her and her best friend Lissa share. Rose can get inside of Lissa's head and see what she sees, feel what she feels, it is a great distraction from the stupid gloomy jail cell that the last book left her in. I have to say everything was wrapped up pretty nicely in this final installment of Vampire Academy Series, except a certin character never really gets there closer for the story and ......well I think maybe thats because that character may play a roll in the spin off series coming this fall. I loved the ending for the most part but there was a part that just left me feeling kinda empty .... it had to happen I guess, but (sigh) it really caught me off guard! Even with my dispare over this part and the character left with open ends... this was still a wonderful book and a great end to a Amazing book series! I love the series it is one of my favs and I suspect it always will be.  Cant wait for the spin off series!!!!

Gets 5 out of 5 stars for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...