Monday, March 7, 2011

Review: Delirium by Lauren Oliver


Title: Delirium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher: Harper & Collins
Childrens Books
How I got it: Bought it
My rating: 5 out of 5 Loved it!


Synopsis


Ninety-five days, and then I'll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It's hard to be patient. It's hard not to be afraid while I'm still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn't touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don't.
Lauren Oliver astonished readers with her stunning debut, Before I Fall. In a starred review, Publishers Weekly called it "raw, emotional, and, at times, beautiful. An end as brave as it is heartbreaking." Her much-awaited second novel fulfills her promise as an exceptionally talented and versatile writer.

Review:
I had no Idea how much I was going to love (oh no! I said the L word, I could be infected!) this book. Ive read a couple of other books that have the dystopian feel to them. This one is amazing! The main character is Lena who is 17 and counting down the days till she gets cured.Saved from possible infection of the horrible desease called Deliria Nervosa Aka....Love. Her mother is dead and she lives with her aunt and cousins. She is really so alone except for her best friend Hana, who is so beautiful and amazing and loves to run with Lena. When they run together its like the rest of the word gets out of their way. Everything was "normal" for Lena just counting the days before she can finally feel completely safe and go about a "normal" adult life with who ever is chosen for her partner.  She starts to notice alittle change in Hana, she wants to listen to music that isnt approved and talks about partys. Lena is worried about her bff. Until she meets a boy. Its strange how just meeting someone can change everything and turn your whole world for a loop. The emotians that this book portrays is so awsome. I felt for Lena, not knowing love. Never being able to express how she really feels about her bff because the L word is forbidden. Everyone thinks Love is a desease, something they dont want something they are afraid of. Sigh ...... if they only knew. Well Lena would soon know..... I so cant wait for the second installment! The ending was breathtaking!!!


I just want to say a big Thank You to Lori over at Pure Imagination for posting such an amazing review on her blog some weeks back. If it wasnt for her raving review I would have never gone out and bought this book. So a big thanks to Lori.

5 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...